Friday, April 16, 2010

In Plain Sight 3x03 Review

Good Evening!

I had a little more to say about this week’s phenomenal episode of In Plain Sight and it took a bit more work to write it all down! So I’m late once again but here’s my review/recap of episode 3: Coma Chameleon.
Warning: Do not read unless you’ve seen the episode unless you like being spoiled!

     The Witness of the Week is a Federal Agent named Wade who was shot on the job. The injury put him into a coma for three years. He was put into witness protection without consent. If you were Wade, how would u feel about that? If it was me, I would be pissed off that I had no say, but once I thought about it I would realize that I probably would have entered the program anyway. It seems like Wade came to a similar conclusion.
     The scene between Wade and Krista at the courthouse was phenomenal. Kudos to both actors. And it worked out how everyone hoped: Wade ended up not testifying against his partner, Dustin, and he identified Jasper as his shooter. Wade and Krista didn’t end up together but it would’ve been cheesy and unrealistic if they did so it’s for the best.

     We find out in this episode that Jinx may be moving out because she got a job at a dance studio. I'm glad to see she’s turning her life around and isn’t as helpless as she has been since...well…since Mary was a kid.

     Mary shared her feelings and fears about Raphael with Marshall on the way to Texas. It was therapeutic and showed once again their strong friendship. I’m pretty sure Marshall is the nicest guy ever. Oh yeah, and Marshall’s the only one who really knows her. That made me melt.

     Rita Moreno was fantastic as Raphael’s aunt. The runner about Raphael’s mother not coming because of “nonmarital fornication” was hilarious. It got even better when Raph knew exactly why his mom didn’t come!


Behind the Scenes Photo from the In Plain Sight Facebook Page

     Now let’s talk about Mary and Raphael. Early on in the episode, Mary apologized to Raphael! She also called him honey, and seemed nicer to him. It was an improvement in her behavior towards him. I was actually surprised about it! Yet, the whole episode I knew something bad was going to happen. It made me laugh to watch Mary freak out about the wedding date, talk of kids, and being together for 46 years, yet I’m pretty sure this is what tipped me off that something was going to go horrible wrong.
Honestly, I’ve never liked their relationship and I probably shouldn’t have been so shocked that Raphael was the one to break it off with Mary, but that’s exactly what happened. At least now I understand why Cristian de la Fuente is doing other movies all throughout Central and South America!
     If that scene didn’t make you want to cry, the next one was even more heartbreaking! Mary went to find her mom at work and when Jinx went outside to see what was the matter, Mary broke down on her mother’s shoulder! I came incredible close to crying. With all the problems those two have, Jinx finally acted like a mother. I’m not saying I love Jinx now, but that definitely bumped her up on my tolerance scale.


Quotes:

Mary: There are a lot of people who would kill to start from scratch….Tiger Woods!
Wade: Tiger Woods? His life is awesome!
Mary: Oh yeah….we’ll talk.

Allison: I will be here until midnight if you want to meet face to face. So bring it, BITCH!

Mary’s opening monologue: My dad once said, “Time kills everything. Hope, health, dreams, even love.” He told me this on my birthday. I just turned six. Then he gave me my present: a pet rock, which I later used in an incident I regret.

Mary’s closing monologue: Some say love is the only thing we have that’s real. Some say life would be a whole lot better without it. For me, the jury’s still out. I loved that pet rock my dad gave me because it was from him. Then I threw it at Robert Quomy. Hit him right in the temple. He went down like a Christmas tree in January. I loved Robert; I just wanted to make sure he knew it. I think he did; he ended up being my first kiss.


     And there is review number three! Did anyone else cry at the end or come really close to it? Do you think anything will happen between Mary and Marshall this season now that she’s single again? (After she recovers from the breakup, of course)
Leave a comment!

-Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment