Saturday, April 10, 2010

White Collar at the Paley Center

Picture taken from mattbomerfan.com

Hi everybody! Wow, this is my first ever blog post. So, forgive me if it’s a little rough. I’m still learning the ropes. Well, here goes nothin’. Enjoy!


First, a little bit about the show. White Collar is about a con artist, Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer), and the FBI agent who hunted and finally caught him, Peter Burke (Tim DeKay). After escaping from prison, and being caught once again, Neal proposes a deal in which he will assist the FBI in catching other criminals. In exchange, he’ll earn his freedom. Each episode presents a new case for them to solve and a new criminal to bring down.

On the evening of April 6th, 2010, the cast and creator of the hit show presented a panel at the Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles, California. Attending the Paley panel were show creator, Jeff Eastin, and actors, Matt Bomer, Tim DeKay, Tiffani Thiessen (Elizabeth Burke), Willie Garson (Mozzie), and Sharif Atkins (Special Agent Clinton Jones).

I wish I could have been there. It would have been so much fun, and from what I could glean from the various Twitter feeds I was following, it was a laugh a minute and very insightful.

This tweet from Marisa Roffman stood out to me for a few reasons:

The #whitecollar cast is serenading us with "Total Eclipse of the Heart." This is hilarious.

First, many fans of the show know about Matt’s penchant for breaking into song. I, for one, wish he’d get to sing on the show more often. Second, this song was the first song I ever sang karaoke to. There’s a video of this awesomeness posted on YouTube by thetammyinlalaland here: (along with a few others from the event) The Singing Clip.

Along with the fun stuff, there were some pre-panel interviews with the individual actors done by The Hollywood Reporter. In this first one with Matt Bomer, he talks about acting “in the moment” and being surprised by what’s coming next: Interview

Make sure you check out the other two interviews, with Tim DeKay and Willie Garson. Fun stuff!!

Then, there is this brilliant video interview (posted by Zap2It) with the creator, Jeff Eastin. He talks about the White Collar writers April Fool’s day prank on the Burn Notice writers, and does a little teasing of Season 2. Make sure you watch all the way to the end. I was laughing my head off! Interview

For an in depth report of the events please check out this live feed from The Futon Critic: Live Feed.

I was going to stop there, but Jeff decided he was going to post some Season 2 tidbits on his Twitter earlier today:

http://twitpic.com/1ee0jf - We started #WhiteCollar season 2 today in Los Angeles with Tim & Tiff. Filming in NY begins next week.


http://twitpic.com/1ee5zt - #WhiteCollar started filming season 2 today. Tim & Tiff with director Tim Matheson


Well, I think that’s it. I’ll be returning in a few weeks to post about the Psych panel at the Paley Center on April 22nd. I really, really, really, really want to be there. Unfortunately, that requires money that I don’t have. I guess I’ll be living vicariously through Twitter again.

Okay, enough rambling from me. Until we meet again.

Kristi

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I wish I could have been there too. Turns out Twitter is good for somethings after all.

    You know, Psych has the Psych-Outs, featuring Psych cast members randomly bursting into song, maybe they could start doing the same w/ Bomer's adorable little riffs during first run White Collar eps.

    Thanks for the You Tube link though. About to check that out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for gathering this all up in one handy place!

    - MissElle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job! Thank you soooo much for the links :) Can't wait til your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for blogging about this so I didn't have to find everything myself! :)

    ReplyDelete